For Green Street Real Estate Ventures
The Green Street Summer HBCU Internship Program is a 12-week plan, designed to give future professionals a meaningful workplace experience. This is a paid internship, however, room and board is not provided. Our program is designed to provide hands-on experience, exposure to our executive team, a collaborative group project, as well as fun outings & activities. By interning with us at our new headquarters, you’ll be provided the opportunity to kick-start your career by learning from industry leaders and be a part of a team that truly makes a difference. Our intern will work to support our development team in conducting research and analysis of markets and assisting in developing reports for internal project review.
The Green Street Development Team Intern is a creative problem solver, critical thinker, and keen analyzer. These skills will aid in the evaluation of opportunities for development and the management of a project from start to finish. In its supporting role of the development activities of the company, the Intern works with various consultants, governmental representatives, contractors, and brokers to keep them on task. The Intern will also have the opportunity to work with other departments within Green Street including Property Management, Construction, Finance, Asset Management, Design, and Development.
KEY INTERNSHIP CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally specializing in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Architecture, or Urban Planning
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Experience with Microsoft Teams & Office Suite and Adobe
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills, critical thinking, and problem analysis
- Stress tolerance to manage multiple tasks across various projects simultaneously
KEY INTERNSHIP DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to executive development staff
- Gather and analyze data to update the market reports for current and future markets
- Research ownership of property, trends, pricing, occupancy, costs, utility information, etc.
- Work with development team to finalize project specific development costs by completing a historical cost analysis
- Shop comparable properties via online searches, phone calls, and site visits
- Compile information for clients and owner reports accurately and on time
- Other duties as assigned
About Green Street
Green Street Real Estate Ventures (“Green Street”) is an award-winning, vertically integrated mixed-use development, design, construction, and property management company that specializes in Class A, urban, multifamily, office, retail and industrial developments. Headquartered in St. Louis, Green Street is comprised of inspired and industrious individuals who are passionate about real estate development. We provide exceptional customer experiences and create solutions for neighborhoods that positively impact communities by providing unparalleled expertise in real estate, design, development, construction and management. We develop high-quality projects that are financially responsible, withstand the passage of time, improve peoples’ lives and transform communities. Spend your summer with us!
Our Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Our ability to “Make More Possible” relies on a diverse and inclusive culture. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our partners and the communities we serve. Green Street values the unique needs and perspectives of each team member in all areas of our workplace and empowers individuals to reach their full potential. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing to move Green Street and the real estate industry forward.
Apply by emailing your resume to Dr. Gerard W. Hollins, Jr., Director of Strategy and Development, at email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 18th at 5:00PM
Green Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status.