For Green Street Building Group
Green Street Building Group is seeking an experienced Project Estimator to join our team in St. Louis, MO. This person will be an essential part of securing new, profitable work for Green Street Building Group. Our estimators are vital contributors to our business. Estimators perform valuable, important work and help to build our backlog and keep our company moving forward. Most of our projects are design-build giving our estimators the opportunity to learn and apply problem solving skills and team building skills.
- Utilize software to determine the scope of the project and prepare cost estimates
- Locate potential vendors and trade contractors interested in working with GSBG
- Prequalify vendors and trade contractors based on their experience and financial capability
- Determine how to package work among trade contractors to optimize project cost and schedule
- Work directly with architects and engineers to select building systems best suited for meeting the project requirements
- Visit project sites to investigate field conditions and meeting with local trade contractors
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor/supplier proposals and make recommendations for trade contractor selections
- Work with project managers and engineers to develop project schedules
- Collaborate and coordinate with designers, project managers, and engineers to develop project award and execution strategies
- Manage the flow of information to the project team
These characteristics are representative of those sought to perform this job successfully
- 3+ years of commercial construction estimating experience
- Strong knowledge of construction building methods
- Desire to succeed with short and long-term goals
- Desire to work with clients, designers, subcontractors, and construction staff in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, a great attitude and ability to thrive in an objective-driven environment
- Listening skills
- Ability to travel (typically 1-2 day trips).
ABOUT GREEN STREET BUILDING GROUP
In order to increase Green Street’s portfolio and support the needs of the region with the creation of new mixed-use and multifamily options, Green Street created Green Street Building Group, LLC. Led by Paul Giacoletto, an industry expert in construction and project management, Green Street Building Group has over six mixed-used, multi-family projects valued at over $350 million in the pipeline that will include a blend of product type.
Green Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status.